Friday, May 29, 2009

Partying with Cavalli

I must admit I'm very "picky" when it comes to current designers, I search for the following always: retro inspired pieces, originality, elegance & classicism, and quality. Below an outfit from Roberto Cavalli's SS 2005 or 2006 collection which became a favorite back in the day. Ideal for a party this summer whether it is at the club or a nice terrace.

The jacket appears to be a safari jacket, yet to give it a more formal approach I'd recommend wearing a white sports jacket. This outfit is so versatile because you can wear it two times...one with the jacket, and the other just with the shirt and trousers (think David Backham in a previous post).

I like the sunglasses, yet only for daytime ;) Even though the shoes aren't visible I'd opt for the following, depending on the ocassion of course, dark blue loafers/mocassins or boat shoes (Gorgeous Styles has a couple of recent posts dedicated to this shoe style). White shoes may make the outfit seem a bit too matchy.

The cloth belt is a very original piece and the way it's worn is too. The fact the trousers show a bit of the upper ankle is very trendy this summer, yet I think it's always been in the Mediterranean.


Photo: Flickr

No comments: