Friday, July 13, 2012

The Rolling Stones: 50 Years of Rock

July 12th marked the 50th anniversary of the first performance ever given by the Rolling Stones at the Marquee Club. This group, whose name is credited to one of it's founding members Brian Jones, can be considered along with The Beatles as the two most influential groups in Rock and music history.

The Stones represent an era; icons of Swinging 60s London, rebellion with a touch of the Riviera & Studio 54 in the 70s, and reinvention & adaptation to modernity in the last three decades. It can't be denied that the Rolling Stones are part of our life's soundtrack.

Long Live the Rolling Stones!



Photo: Tumblr

2 comments:

HippieGirl said...

IDK why, but Mick Jagger was kinda cute back then. Not so much anymore, hahahahahahaha. I actually started listening to these guys right after high school. My dad hated them so I never really got the chance to listen to them until I met my stepdad.

HippieGirl said...

They're definitely part of my soundtrack to life, :D